Muharram -- a time for peace
David Dalton
2024-07-08 01:56:57 UTC
According to https://www.holidays-and-observances.com/july-7.html ,
July 7, or 7/7, is Global Forgiveness Day and Tell the Truth Day.
The evening of July 7 to the evening of July 8 this year also
marks Islamic New Year and the start of the month of Muharram.

From Google:

"Muharram marks the beginning of the Islamic New Year, signifying a time of
renewal and spiritual contemplation. The word Muharram means 'not permitted'
or 'forbidden' hence, Muslims are prohibited from taking part in activities
like warfare and use it as a period of prayer and reflection.”

From Wikipedia:

"Muharram is the first month of the Islamic calendar. It is one of the four
sacred months of the year when warfare is banned. It precedes the month of
Safar. The tenth of Muharram is known as Ashura, an important day of
commemoration in Islam.”

Hence it is now an auspicious time for a ceasefire in Gaza, Israel,
the West Bank, Lebanon, and Sudan.

This evening I have also rolled the dice once again in one more attempt
at the crackpot jackpot, aiming for completion of my complicated
prayer for a global new age, in which I have done much of the
groundwork in the last 28 years (2X14 years of Jacob, 4X7 years
of the Buddha, so long since I have a global region), and am reporting on
it in the thread “Thou moon of moons and of blessings!” on
alt.religion.druid .

Who have I prayed to? Well, I have many collaborators, but the
main collaborator and chair is Goddess, who I define as the ruler
of the region all/everything, and who many call God.
--
David Dalton ***@nfld.com https://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
“And the cart is on a wheel; And the wheel is on a hill; And the
hill is shifting sand; And inside these laws we stand" (Ferron)
David Dalton
2024-07-08 22:26:35 UTC
Post by David Dalton
This evening I have also rolled the dice once again in one more attempt
at the crackpot jackpot, aiming for completion of my complicated
prayer for a global new age, in which I have done much of the
groundwork in the last 28 years (2X14 years of Jacob, 4X7 years
of the Buddha, so long since I have a global region), and am reporting on
it in the thread “Thou moon of moons and of blessings!” on
alt.religion.druid .
Who have I prayed to? Well, I have many collaborators, but the
main collaborator and chair is Goddess, who I define as the ruler
of the region all/everything, and who many call God.
No, it stalled. It seems it won’t work until I see the waxing
crescent for the first time this lunar month here, which I
plan to try to do in about an hour.