K.T. McFarland: Afghanistan was always Mission Impossible. Bribable Biden's living in fantasyland with this endgame
buh buh biden
2021-08-15 03:12:49 UTC
President Biden has just sent combat forces back into Afghanistan to
evacuate American civilians at the embassy and Afghans who have assisted
us in the war effort. The 3,000 American forces will then presumably shoot
their way out as they depart.

Inexplicably, we will leave a "core" diplomatic staff and U.S. combat
forces to protect them. The Biden administration believes the Taliban will
leave these Americans alone, because they want world approval.

The Biden administration is living in a fantasyland if they think this is
going to end well. But when it comes to Afghanistan our political and
military leaders have been living in fantasyland for years.

Just a week or so ago, senior U.S. officials were talking about diplomacy
and negotiated solutions. A day or so later they said Afghanistan could
fall within a matter of months.

US MILITARY TO HELP EVACUATE AMERICANS FROM EMBASSY IN KABUL: OFFICIALS

Fantasyland again.

The Taliban will take over all of Afghanistan in a matter of weeks, if not
days. As more and more provincial and tribal leaders switch sides to the
Taliban, the pressure on the others to do the same will only intensify.

Taliban takes control of major city in AfghanistanVideo
They will be quick to lay down their arms in exchange for amnesty. No
tribal leader or province head wants to be the last man standing in
support of the Afghan government because Taliban reprisals will be
vicious.

The mujahadeen fathers and grandfathers of the current generation of
Taliban leaders seized control of Kabul in 1992. They captured then-Afghan
President Mohammad Najibullah, tortured him, dragged his body behind a
truck through the streets of Kabul and hung it from a lamppost for all to
see.

The example isn’t lost on the current Afghan government leaders, who I
predict will flee Kabul in the next few weeks rather than suffer the same
fate.

AFGHANISTAN CAPITAL KABUL COULD FALL TO TALIBAN WITHIN 90 DAYS, US
ASSESSES

The tragedy of Afghanistan is that the Taliban were always going to
prevail. They knew it was only a matter of time before we got fed up and
left and they would have the country to themselves.

All they had to do was wait us out.

Biden sending 3,000 troops back to AfghanistanVideo
When I was in Afghanistan 15 years ago, a tribal leader tapped on his bare
wrist and told me, "You Americans, you have the watches, but we have the
time."

I was a junior aide to Dr. Henry Kissinger in the White House Situation
Room when the Communist Vietnamese forces surrounded Saigon and were
closing in on the American embassy.

MCCONNELL CALLS ON BIDEN TO CHANGE COURSE IN AFGHANISTAN BEFORE IT'S TOO
LATE

The only way we could get our remaining forces and personnel out was with
helicopters that were forced to touch down on a makeshift landing zone on
the Embassy grounds.

I remember swearing to myself that never again should Americans fight a
war that could not be won, with unclear purpose and ever-expanding
objectives, propping up corrupt leaders who had no loyalty to us or to
democratic governance.

State Department provides update on AfghanistanVideo
That’s why, in the Reagan administration, I took those lessons of our
failure in Vietnam to draft Secretary of Defense Caspar Weinberger’s
Principles of War speech, which President Reagan endorsed. America should
only go to war to defend our vital nation interests and with a clear path
to victory.

Yet, here we are again.

TALIBAN CAPTURE 6 AFGHAN CITIES, IN AREAS WHERE US AIRSTRIKES ARE RARE

The truth is the Afghan war was lost 19 years ago when we switched from
our original mission of destroying Al Qaeda to a new mission – nation
building a modern Afghanistan.

Our leaders wanted to turn one of the most backward, corrupt, illiterate,
desolate, tribal countries in the world into a democracy that would rebuff
Al Qaeda.

Our military efforts were doomed from the start when we tried to create a
sophisticated Afghan military that relied on American forces, air support
and intelligence.

Taliban seizes provincial capital Ghazni near Kabul, AfghanistanVideo
Our original goal in Afghanistan was straightforward – kill those who
killed our people. We sent a small contingent of American special forces
in right after the Sept. 11 attacks and they succeeded brilliantly.

Within three months our troops, working alongside Afghan tribal leaders,
destroyed most of Al Qaeda. They had the few hundred remaining fighters
surrounded, including Usama Bin Laden, huddled in the caves of the Hindu
Kush mountains separating Afghanistan from Pakistan.

Instead of finishing them off then and there or pursuing them through the
mountains and into the tribal regions of Pakistan to destroy them, we
inexplicably let them slip away.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE OPINION NEWSLETTER

We paid Pakistan handsomely, year after year, to finish off Al Qaeda for
us. While they happily pocketed our aid, they never went after Bin Laden,
and let his organization survive and even grow.

Instead, we stuck around Afghanistan consumed by Mission Impossible. We
lost over 2,000 Americans, tens of thousands of Americans were injured,
and over a trillion dollars wasted.

Our political leaders, Republican and Democrats alike, and senior military
officers failed us in Afghanistan, just as they did in Vietnam.

Rep. Waltz blasts Biden admin for withdrawing troops from Afghanistan
while Navy veteran remains Taliban hostageVideo
They were seduced by English-speaking Afghan expatriates living in the
West. We put them in power and continued to prop them up, despite their
incompetence, corruption and failure to win the support of their own
people.

Year after year our American politicians of both parties and senior
military leaders assured us that success was right around the corner – all
we needed was a few thousand more troops, another year or so, and of
course billions more in aid and assistance.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

But victory was impossible, even a negotiated settlement beyond reach.
Let’s just pray that we get our people out, safely, and our troops home.

And then, once again, let’s promise ourselves that we will never be in
this position again. And mean it this time.
BeamMeUpScotty
2021-08-15 12:33:45 UTC
Post by buh buh biden
President Biden has just sent combat forces back into Afghanistan to
evacuate American civilians at the embassy and Afghans who have assisted
us in the war effort. The 3,000 American forces will then presumably shoot
their way out as they depart.
Inexplicably, we will leave a "core" diplomatic staff and U.S. combat
forces to protect them. The Biden administration believes the Taliban will
leave these Americans alone, because they want world approval.
Making it obvious that the War was never a war to be won but rather a
POLITICAL MISSION.... and we all know that the military fails to win all
its political battles. The Military was created to win wars.
--
That's Karma

*The first rule of SURVIVAL CLUB is*
Never trust what Democrats or Marxists tell you. Make them prove it with
actual verifiable facts and science. And if you didn't find the
duplicitous lies in what the Marxist-Democrats told you then you didn't
dig deep enough. The *Gruber Doctrine* is the Marxist-Democrat plan that
says it's "to the Democrats advantage to have a lack of transparency and
then lie about everything".

*The next rule of SURVIVAL CLUB is*

Obama (Marxists) say you will have to change your traditions and your
history. But are you still "American" if Obama (Marxists) force you to
change "who we are" ?