We need to ban all handguns in America NOW
G.I. Cho
2007-04-19 04:17:08 UTC
How many more tragedies is it going to take before we wake up? We have
a serious gun problem in this country and it's time to take a stand.
Let the farmers and hunters keep the rifles and shotguns. Get rid of
the pistols and the assault rifles unless you want to go over and
fight in Iraq.
Notan
2007-04-19 04:22:24 UTC
G.I. Cho wrote:
> How many more tragedies is it going to take before we wake up? We have
> a serious gun problem in this country and it's time to take a stand.
> Let the farmers and hunters keep the rifles and shotguns. Get rid of
> the pistols and the assault rifles unless you want to go over and
> fight in Iraq.

Please explain exactly how one bans unregistered handguns.

Notan
Neil Ellwood
2007-04-19 05:20:29 UTC
On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 22:22:24 -0600, Notan wrote:

> G.I. Cho wrote:
>> How many more tragedies is it going to take before we wake up? We have
>> a serious gun problem in this country and it's time to take a stand.
>> Let the farmers and hunters keep the rifles and shotguns. Get rid of
>> the pistols and the assault rifles unless you want to go over and fight
>> in Iraq.
>
> Please explain exactly how one bans unregistered handguns.

Sentencing everyone who is convicted of having one to 30 years
imprisonment with hard labour and basic food only would lessen the
problem in a few years - of course no country would have the courage to
do this.
--
Neil
reverse 'r' and'a' - delete 'l' for email
Hertz_Donut
2007-04-19 06:35:53 UTC
"Neil Ellwood" <***@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 22:22:24 -0600, Notan wrote:
>
>> G.I. Cho wrote:
>>> How many more tragedies is it going to take before we wake up? We have
>>> a serious gun problem in this country and it's time to take a stand.
>>> Let the farmers and hunters keep the rifles and shotguns. Get rid of
>>> the pistols and the assault rifles unless you want to go over and fight
>>> in Iraq.
>>
>> Please explain exactly how one bans unregistered handguns.
>>
> Sentencing everyone who is convicted of having one to 30 years
> imprisonment with hard labour and basic food only would lessen the
> problem in a few years - of course no country would have the courage to
> do this.

Wow...just when I thought that idiocy had reached it's limit...

How are you going to pay for the thousands of prisons that would need to be
built? How are you going to pay for the cost of keeping each gun law
breaker for 30 years?

Next time, try thinking before you post...

Honu
What Me Worry?
2007-04-20 16:43:39 UTC
"Hertz_Donut" <***@nowhere.com> wrote in message

> "Neil Ellwood" <***@btopenworld.com> wrote in message

>>> Please explain exactly how one bans unregistered handguns.
>>>
>> Sentencing everyone who is convicted of having one to 30 years
>> imprisonment with hard labour and basic food only would lessen the
>> problem in a few years - of course no country would have the courage to
>> do this.
>>

> Wow...just when I thought that idiocy had reached it's limit...

You're not in favor of jailing criminals?

Why are you soft on gun crime?
Bill Funk
2007-04-21 00:26:25 UTC
On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 11:43:39 -0500, "What Me Worry?" <***@____.___>
wrote:

>"Hertz_Donut" <***@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Neil Ellwood" <***@btopenworld.com> wrote in message

>>> Sentencing everyone who is convicted of having one to 30 years
>>> imprisonment with hard labour and basic food only would lessen the
>>> problem in a few years - of course no country would have the courage to
>>> do this.
>>>

>> Wow...just when I thought that idiocy had reached it's limit...
>
>You're not in favor of jailing criminals?

Owning a gun is not a crime.

>> How are you going to pay for the thousands of prisons that would need to
>> be built? How are you going to pay for the cost of keeping each gun law
>> breaker for 30 years?
>
>Why are you soft on gun crime?

Owning a gun is not a crime.

John Edwards' campaign records showed Monday
that he paid eight hundred dollars for two
haircuts in Beverly Hills. There's no shame
in what he did. John Edwards represents the
downtrodden and the powerless in America,
and they deserve the very best.
Dan
2007-04-21 03:07:21 UTC
Bill Funk wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 11:43:39 -0500, "What Me Worry?" <***@____.___>
> wrote:
>
>> "Hertz_Donut" <***@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>> "Neil Ellwood" <***@btopenworld.com> wrote in message

>>> Wow...just when I thought that idiocy had reached it's limit...
>> You're not in favor of jailing criminals?
>
> Owning a gun is not a crime.

It can be.

>>> How are you going to pay for the thousands of prisons that would need to
>>> be built? How are you going to pay for the cost of keeping each gun law
>>> breaker for 30 years?
>> Why are you soft on gun crime?
>>
> Owning a gun is not a crime.

It can be.

Dan
Harold Burton
2007-04-21 03:02:33 UTC

So can being a leftard.
Dan
2007-04-22 00:29:56 UTC
Harold Burton wrote:
> In article <27fWh.77$***@newsfe02.lga>, Dan <***@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Bill Funk wrote:

>>> Owning a gun is not a crime.
>> It can be.

>>> Owning a gun is not a crime.
>

>> It can be.
>

> So can being a leftard.

Your point?

What is a "leftard," anyway?

Somehow, if I qualify, I guess it must be a good thing! Of course, if
it means somehow subpar in intelligence, as the word seems to imply,
then I obviously do not qualify. I am very conservative, but the
current crop of mindless drones still places me to the "left."

Oh well.

Dan
Harold Burton
2007-04-22 02:30:44 UTC

What part of "being a leftard" didn't you understand?
Hertz_Donut
2007-04-21 03:11:12 UTC
"Dan" <***@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Bill Funk wrote:
>> On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 11:43:39 -0500, "What Me Worry?" <***@____.___>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> "Hertz_Donut" <***@nowhere.com> wrote in message

>>> You're not in favor of jailing criminals?
>>
>> Owning a gun is not a crime.
>
> It can be.

>>> Why are you soft on gun crime?
>> Owning a gun is not a crime.
>
> It can be.
>

> Dan

Here's your sign....

Honu
What Me Worry?
2007-04-21 05:26:30 UTC
"Bill Funk" <***@there.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 11:43:39 -0500, "What Me Worry?" <***@____.___>
> wrote:
>

>>"Hertz_Donut" <***@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Neil Ellwood" <***@btopenworld.com> wrote in message

>>> Wow...just when I thought that idiocy had reached it's limit...
>>
>>You're not in favor of jailing criminals?
>
> Owning a gun is not a crime.

If it was, anyone posessing a gun could be immediately arrested. What would
that do for violent crime stats? Gang turf wars?